This qualification ensures that you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulations on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. It covers the 17th edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations, which came into force in June 2008 and was amended in 2015.These regulations are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS7671).
If you’re a practising electrician, you must comply with the regulations for electrical work, this qualification is designed to provide those seeking progression in their career with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the Electrotechnical industry.
The objective of this qualification is for learners to demonstrate they know and understand the current edition of the IET Wiring regulations BS7671:2008 Amendment 3 2015 (17th Edition)
– scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
– definitions used within BS7671,
– assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
– requirements of protection for safety of electrical installations
– requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
– requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
– requirements of special installations and locations as identified in BS7671
– appendices of BS7671.
City & Guilds – Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671: June 2008 (2015)
There are no formal pre-requisites to this qualification but it is recommended that candidates should have suitable knowledge of electrical theory and ideally be working within the electrical or a related industry.